Crossed Digits

Really, this blog is for whatever I need at the moment, and right now I think I need it to help me network in the future. I am sick of being paid money for jobs I have zero interest in, so over this break I am making serious progress in finding opportunities to further infiltrate the career worlds of all three of my goals: library science, creative media, and academia. I need a web site to help me with this. I need this web site badly. So I am sketching out a plan for both a very simple and a very complex site, and I will put it all together over the break, using the fancy dancy computers at the school as I save up for the necessary software to rehabilitate my old beautiful Windows tower, who is currently frozen in carbonite. *sniff* Last time I ever play with illegitimate software, that's for sure.

ANYWAY it is going well.

I learned I can make good money making sculpture commissions, so I will continue to pursue that path over the break. I am also finding an internship in library science and of course forcing myself to crash-course learn CSS so that I can even *MAKE* this gosh darn networking web site of mine. Last step is making coolass business cards, which I will do.

I do kind of love this city. I will love it more if my good networking opportunities, that is, knowing hip media people, can pay off in landing me a gig that has SOMETHING to do with my varied interests. Crossing my fingers.

Comments

Popular Posts