A Repurposing: This Blog is now Sciencey

If you love the word "kludge" as much as I do, then you can call this a "kludge."

A summer of researching what it would be like to do nonfiction film and how interesting other hobbies resulted in a re-realization that I really, really should stop this year-long (almost exactly) break from Journalism and go back to it, my money-free, difficult, addictive medium. I must continue writing real things about things that happen in the real world, again, since it needs to happen, and since I was actually good at it. Oh, it's fun, too.

But, since this is the 00's, and I can not count on being the next Mencken or Thompson, I must choose a specific subject and STICK WITH IT, and that specific subject, for THIS BLOG, for NOW, is SCIENCE.

I use that in the broadest term. I will basically write original articles on and link to readings about

Psychology
Sociology
Statistics in general (many news stories use them HORRIBLY, a pet peeve of mine.)
Environmental science
Technology
Gadgets
Zoology
A little bit of medicine but mostly COOL medicine like cybernetics and all the awesome things we are currently learning about the brain.

I might touch on economics, too, though that is the conservative, suit-wearing bastard of the generally humanitarian-minded social science family, and I often get into unpleasant arguments with its self-interested mouthpieces.

This blog will be a resource then, for people who like the interesting side of what is happening in a culture rife with conflict centered on science. Personally, it will be a collection of bookmarks found in the process of researching original stories and essays.

"Here we go." I hope it becomes enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts